Two sisters' quest to recapture the magic of the old fashioned family dinner: homemade food, heartfelt conversation and honest laughter.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Wednesday's Dinner - FAIL!!!!
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm just going to confess right now - not all of my dinners turn out. Case in point, last night's dinner. I'm not sure what went wrong..... cancel that, yes I do. I blame my children. I know, I'm horrible! But the fact is, while I was making dinner I was also putting together TWO Science Fair projects that were due today, helping 3 kids with homework and trying to get another one to practice piano while helping another one with something on the computer. I kept running back to the kitchen after I would help with something over and over again, trying to finish the meal. When we sat down to eat I could immediately tell something was wrong with the Chicken Marsala. There was no liquid, or gravy, or whatever it is in the pan. That is the best part! I forgot to add something! But what? I have no idea. It didn't taste bad at all, it just didn't taste like Chicken Marsala. And then there was the roasted asparagus. I guess I didn't hear the oven timer when it went off, because they were little shriveled up guys. So sad, because it is one of my husband's favorite dinners. I will make it again in a few weeks and post the recipe then - I promise to clear my schedule and not let anything distract me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment