Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mock Chicken Fried Steak



So today was a yucky day.  My husband is still out of town. Boooo....  It was cloudy (or inversion-y)all day.  Booooo.......  My kids were being rude.   Booooooo.....  It was definitely a comfort food day.  I love making this recipe when I need comfort food, but I have to warn you, it's a tad unhealthy.  When I say tad, I mean to say, pre heart attack level unhealthy.  I love it though, because I am a chicken fried steak fanatic, and this is a super easy, quick way to make a mock version of it.  I serve it with mashed potatoes, in which I up the heart attack factor by adding tons of cream, butter and cream cheese.  I made some country gravy (from a packet, I admit it) and some corn to finish it off.  The corn is so good, it's from the farmer's market down the street.  This summer I bought tons and tons of it, and froze it for a special winter treat.  I'm so glad I did, this meal cheered me right up!!


Mock Chicken Fried Steak
Recipe from Allrecipes


Ingredients:

2 lbs. ground beef
2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 egg
2 cups breadcrumbs
1/2 cup canola oil for frying

In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, parsley, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, egg and 1 cup of the breadcrumbs. Form into 12 balls, then flatten into patties. Coat patties with remaining crumbs and put on a plate. Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry patties for about 7 minutes per side, until golden brown. Enjoy your arteries hardening and resolve to only eat fruits and veggies tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...