Thursday, January 20, 2011

Homemade Pizza

I think it's safe to say that pizza is the most favorite meal at our house. I'm pretty sure we could have pizza every day and the kids wouldn't complain. We usually have pizza on Saturday nights from one of our favorite local pizza joints (we have several, thank goodness) and occasionally I'll make a homemade pizza during the week. This pizza dough recipe is super easy and even easier if you throw it all in your bread machine. Just a side note, I think the key to great homemade pizza is a pizza stone. Seriously, it just makes it so much better. Just add your favorite toppings (Husband and I like various vegetables and the kids are strictly pepperoni and cheese).

Easy Pizza Dough

4 to 4 1/2 c. flour
2 envelopes fast-rising dry yeast (I use 2 T. active dry)
1 t. sugar
2 t. olive oil
1 3/4 c. warm water (110 degrees)
1 t. salt

Put water in mixer bowl. Add yeast and sugar, stir with fork and let sit until creamy. Add oil and half flour and mix with kneader hook. Add remaining flour and salt, knead for 8-10 minutes. Let rest, covered with towel for 10 minutes. The dough may be punched down, placed in a sealable plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator for 12 hours or frozen at this point; return to room temperature before proceeding. Divide the dough into 8 portions for 6" crusts or 2 portions for large crusts (we sometimes make 3-4 thin crust pizzas). Top with sauce, cheese and other toppings. Bake on pizza stone or cookie sheet at 450-500 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Carrie's Notes: I put the ingredients in my bread maker (dough cycle) and it turns out perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...