Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Baked Chicken Parmesan



My husband and I are TRYING to eat healthier, but, sigh....... sometimes that's not so much fun.  Last week we had salads for dinner for four nights.  That got old pretty quick.  I was excited to find this recipe because I really love chicken parmesan.  It was SO good.  I was sad that there wasn't any left overs.


Baked Chicken Parmesan
Recipe from SkinnyTaste

Ingredients:

4 (8 oz) chicken breast halves, sliced in half
3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp butter, melted
3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
1 cup marinara
cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450°.  Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.

Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl.  Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture.  Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.

Lightly spray a little more cooking oil on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.  Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes.  Remove from oven, spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded cheese.  Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...