Every day I get asked about 50 times - "What's for dinner?" Yesterday, I noticed a tinge of anxiety in some of my kids voices as they asked the question. I told them we were having pasta for dinner and one of them quietly asked, and I swear to you he looked exactly like Puss in Boots when his eyes get all big and he is holding his hat, "Will there be any meat in our dinner tonight Mommy?" I quickly answered yes, and then ran from the room so I could laugh, I didn't want to do it in the poor desperate child's face!!! They all looked like they were urchins from the 1800's England, just asking for a morsel of meat. Oh my gosh kids, it was ONE DAY, one day without meat!!! This is just reaffirms to me how good it is for us to have meatless meals, because obviously my family is addicted! Tonight's pasta had the always delightful bacon, consistently sure to put a smile on my face and since I was feeling charitable, I chose a non ricotta dish!
Pasta Carbonara
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes
Ingredients:
1/2 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
4 eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup heavy cream at room temperature
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
16 ounces dry fettuccine pasta (I used angel hair)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup chopped parsley
ground black pepper to taste
Directions:
Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. In medium bowl beat together eggs and cream just until blended. Stir in cheese and set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan. Toss with butter until it is melted. Add bacon and cheese mixture and toss gently until mixed.

Do you use fresh parmesan or the Kraft sprinkle kind? Whenever I see a recipe with "parmesan", I always have to wonder;)Looks delish btw! Loving all the recipes with bacon! Hate to cook it, but loves to eat it!
ReplyDeleteI used the sprinkle kind. If it says grated I use the sprinkle kind and if it says shredded I use fresh shredded. Yes, Bacon is the Queen Mother of Foods. I love her.
ReplyDelete